Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tim Tam Slams!

So Sam taught me about Tim Tams, an Australian cookie that you "slam." He learned it on his mission in Tahiti. Jill served her mission in the Philippines and learned about them there. Last year when Sam came out here to Greeley they talked about it.
There's a grocery store back home who carries them. So I bought some while I was home and brought them so Jill and I could tim tam slam! Haha, that was quite a while ago. But on Thursday night we finally did. Jill introduced it to Meagan Krammer too, she's the one in green, can't you tell she loved it?! We used 'flavored' hot chocolate. Hah, that means orange or mint hot chocolate in this case.
It was great watching Meagan because you could tell she was a little skeptical before her first slam, but then her face and reaction was amazing. Something along the lines of: "Mmmm...this is soooooo good [muffled]! [Then,] It melts!"

AWEsome! Tim Tam Slam again sometime!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

You are on a roll with this blogging! I am very impressed! I can't wait to have real internet again so I can do another post to mine. I don't even want to try and upload pictures right now. I didn't know you knew what a Tim Tam Slam was! Someone told us about them when we first got here. So good! I totally want to try it with flavored hot chocolate now. Mmm mmm.

Unknown said...

ha ha ha! the pic didn't turn out as poorly as i thought! *i learned about tim tam slams from sister gray who is from australia and served her mission in idaho. i knew about milo, the drink used for tim tam slams from the mission. ;) thanks carol! btw, the orange pork was GREAT! i ate it last night when i got home.

Dallas and Kirsten said...

I LOVE Tim Tam Slams!! We used to eat them all the time when I lived in New Zealand! I'm so glad you are converting others to the chocolaty goodness!