Sunday, February 07, 2010

My Birthday!

So it's been WAY too long since I've blogged. I'm a slacker. I decided that on Sundays (as I had planned when I started my blog) I need to update it. Yes, my Sundays are crazy busy for the most part. But so are all my days. But on Sundays I don't have to feel guilty about blogging instead of school work.
So the next thing that really happened since my last blog was my Birthday--which of course this year (November 26th) fell conveniently on Thanksgiving.
I am poor-ish, and so I didn't get to go anywhere away from here, but I did start my celebration on Wednesday of that week!
I went to the Temple and did my favorite (Initiatories)! Alessandra was with me (of course). Really, she stayed in Greeley so that I could be selfish and have her with me for my Birthday, hah, sad that I'm so crazy I know...
We then went to Sweet Tomatoes (a fantastic buffet, of course I had to pre-pare myself for Thanksgiving the next day) because it'd been years for me, it was yummy!
This picture was taken because I had to try all 3 of the pastas, and it was funny how little of each there was, I'm nuts.
Alessandra was worried about using the ice cream soft serve machine itself straight on the wee Sanra-size cone, so she scooped it in herself. I just thought it was really funny, she's just the cutest little girl ever!
This is what happened when I did put the ice cream directly in the cone. Lol, I thought my face was funny here!
Alessandra was then cold.
We then went to Riverdance downtown at the Denver Performing Arts Center! It was one of the most amazing things I've ever been to in my life! I drank in the whole thing and felt like I couldn't get enough. The music was phenomenal, and of course the dancing was ridiculously good! Sigh. Just remembering how good it was I wish I could go again...
We thought this statue outside of the Center was so cool we had to try to pose like them (this is with us placing the camera on a wall and using a timer, we had to run down stairs--about 20 feet away after pressing the button, haha).
Then we went to the IMAX theater in Westminster (N. Denver) to see A Christmas Carol (very appropriate name choice) on our way back up to Greeley.
We even then stopped at the Denison's (a member of our Bishopric's house) in Johnstown on our way home for their pie party. We missed some of the best of the ~20? pies they had. It was still fun.

When we got back we popped in Funny Girl and I worked on a puzzle. Alessandra almost fell asleep on the couch--it was a crazy long day! She did move to Kristin's bed to sleep, but we did stop the movie early so she could sleep.
On my Birthday itself, I started the day giving a friend a ride to work since jumping his car didn't work. Then I slept more, then we finished our movie, and I did more puzzle.

We double booked ourselves so we had TWO Thanksgiving dinners! (Remember, I'm crazy, and selfish about my Birthday.) Hehe. So we started at 2:00 with a dinner at The Coleman's (the Institute director here in Greeley).
The oldest Dalton boy who was there was cutting his roll on his second helping and the butter knife sliced his finger open and blood was squirting all over the table. This is the crime scene, there was blood that squirted over to my side of the table and we had to wash it from the wall and carpet. It wouldn't stop, he ended up at the ER with some stitches, it was crazy!
They could only find this votive candle for me when they sang to me over the pie, it was awesome! I loved it. Two years ago I had a cream puff 'cake' with tea candles. Love it!
After that we went to our Bishop's house with the Sisters and a few other kids. This is one of the only pictures I have, lame right?! I know. They were folding the napkins under Alessandra's direction. This was SUCH a great ending to my Birthday. They sang to me before we ate, and it was really really fun! Alessandra and I played the piano and sang for forever after dinner. It seriously was at least 2 hours. Hah. Perfect. Their son David even sang with us some, made me feel like I was at home with my brothers. Awesome. We ended that night with a conversation about Jane Austen/Elizabeth Gaskell!! Yeah, how ya gonna go wrong with that?!?
Josh and Serena called and talked to me, lotsa ppl wrote on my facebook and/or called/texted me. Great Birthday.

Friday was 'still' my Birthday, we got Bryn to work (4:30 am) and to buy a battery after. He passed out in my back seat. I got an oil change.
We (Alessandra of course, and Corey joined us) went to dinner at TGI Fridays (in true tradition), and I got my vanilla bean cheesecake!
I gave Alessandra the strawberry since she shouldn't have much cheesecake.
We then went to Ryan's where we played Rummikub (yes, a more complete Birthday) and watched Star Trek (I actually hadn't even seen it yet before then, whoops). I got a letter from Tanner! (He'd just gone into the mtc.)
After getting home a bit late I started watching the new Emma online...it's fanTAStic!

Saturday I also decided was an extension of my Birthday, haha. Corey's Birthday was Monday, and she said, oh, well maybe mine can start today, and I said of course, so we decided our Birthday's overlap even though their 4 days apart. Funny I know. So our ward had a Temple trip on Saturday, so I went and I did sealings which turned out perfect. Then we went to the mall and to the Container Store (the BEST and only place to get hangers, thanks to Vanessa). It was good because I hadn't gotten to stop there on Wednesday. Yes I'm crazy.
Saturday night Ashley joined us, and we had some fun leaving notes for our friend Ryan who had an eye infection in one eye and pink eye in the other.

Anyhow, the point of this was to tell about my Birthday, which of course was forever ago, and this is insanely long (though believe it or not I did leave details out), so I must be done! Maybe I'll get another blog in before it's been 3 months or something! Lol. I'm ridiculous. But I do want others to know what I'm up to. I, as any of you reading this probably know, love to just let everyone know what's going on with my life. Hence, the title of my blog site. Hah.

4 comments:

Christy said...

What a fun birthday! I can't believe you hadn't seen Star Trek until then! That's crazy! :)

The Foys said...

Oh Carol I miss you! I'm glad you had such a good birthday and were able to celebrate it so much! When do you I get to see you again do you think?!

Vanessa said...

FINALLY!!! :) I'm glad you had such a great birthday/Thanksgiving. I think this year I'm going to try and stretch mine out for 4 days too. Not sure my boys will go along with it though. I can't believe how long your hair is! It's like high school all over again.

Well, I expect to find another post from you on Sunday! I have no idea how this one has been up for 3 days and I haven't seen it until just now. Love ya!

Unknown said...

HOLY birthday! nicely done! atta' girl, carol!