Sunday, February 14, 2010

New York, New York!

I went out to Massachusetts to visit Maureen after CHRISTmas! Her Birthday is New Year's Eve so we celebrated that and had a GREAT time being together. I loved getting to be with her.

This is pretty much the only picture of the two of us while I was there--we were cracked out. This is at the end of her Birthday.

The main thing we did was go to New York City!! Yee-ah!
Unfortunately we couldn't go to a show because no one was in town to take her shift for her.

This is New Jersey, we didn't get to go there either, but at least New York was a new state for me...

The Manhattan New York Temple! It's all hidden... ;)
When we first walked by we missed it because we thought it was on a different corner, and this was all you could see as you walk by...

Angel Moroni in the middle of Manhattan!
BROADWAY!!!!
It was just so amazing to get to walk down Broadway, it's just sad I didn't get to see Lion King.
Ahh, Dave...
And we walked through some of Central Park, it was great.

This should be familiar to some people...hehe
I loved all the bridges, they were all so cool!

The skating rink at Rockefeller Center.
I decided I had to buy something from a street vendor in Central Park. I decided on a pretzel. It was pretty good!
I loved the bike light! Look at how cute it is...
This is me with my spoils of the day. I bought some postcards as I always do, and if I wasn't going to buy an I heart NY shirt (I decided I have probably too many t-shirts as it is) I had to buy an I heart NY magnet. It's actually pink, and I thought it was cute. And I don't remember how much it was, but it was cheap. I really didn't spend much money.
Well except for our lunch. We ate at a place called the Stardust Diner on Broadway. I didn't take a picture. I'm way sad! I wanted to, but we walked for quite a while trying to decide where to eat, she said I needed to get a deli sandwich. We walked in just to see what it was like, but it was awesome! I loved it. Well my sandwich was actually dry and not very good, but it was the coolest atmosphere! The waitresses sang and it was SO cool. When I go back to NY, I wanna eat there just for it. I'll get a burger next time. :) It was freezing while we were there, there were times I thought my face might fall off, but it was really fun. I enjoyed my day a lot! And of course all my time with Maureen.
It had definitely been too long since we'd been together. Hopefully it'll be closer together next time I see her.

1 comment:

The Foys said...

You get to do so many fun things! I've always wanted to go to NY, but I want to go even more now! Looks like you had a great time!