Sunday, March 14, 2010

Free Museum Day

We like to catch the musuems and whatnot in Denver on their Free Days because we're cheap (I mean who has money anyway right?). The first Saturday of every month is Free for the Denver Art Museum. I had Alessandra and Ilyssa in my car (I looked up directions for the wrong city to pick up Ashley--yes I'm lame!). So we got there well before the other group. So I got to finally go to the Denver Public Library that everyone raves about. (It's been closed every other day I've been down there and tried.


We never made it out of the children's book section! I did read some libros en espanol. Well attempt to, it was fun. I could have spent another 4 hours in the children's section alone and been perfectly happy.

There was this giant checkerboard (okay, really just a bit oversized) that they played on. We found out that Alessandra's not so great at Checkers. Hah.Here I'm reading a book about Punctuation taking a day off to Alessandra, I thought it was going to be a cute book, but it was not quite as good as I'd hoped.

I only have a couple pictures from the musem. One is this one. They had a little part where you could dress up in cowboy so of course we had to take pictures (though I'm not so sure we were even supposed to, oh well?).

The little girl in the back just came running in and practically pushed Alessandra off the horse. The girl's dad didn't even try to tell her to wait her turn. It was kinda weird. Though he may have just thought we were too old to want to ride a horse. As you can see, the hats were even small for Sanra's head. Hah.

Those are basically all the pictures I took. I know, pretty disappointing. But it's partly due to my camera being a bit out of commission. Gol, I need to buy a new one. Oh yeah, Best Buy in Greeley has the worst selection ever! Someday...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'll have to hit up the museum in april . . . although i'm sure i would have had a better time with you! ha!

Vanessa said...

I wouldn't pay to go if I knew I could get in free either!