Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sigh

Well. I don't really have any pictures. &/or I'm not feeling like going to find them. & I only have like 10 minutes. Agh!

So my Seminar is over! It was mildly a disaster. Now before some of you jump down my throat saying that you're sure it was fine, yadda, yadda, let me explain. Now I know that it could have been way worse. But I definitely was not prepared. Whoops. All my fault. And I'm aware of that. So the fact that I was not prepared did not help.

I was also exhAUSted! I'd gotten up at 4:00 and 4:30am Thursday and Friday, and had gotten up a little earlier than usual (haha) the other days. So I also kept saying things wrong. Really, it was kinda bad. One on of the slides I said something outright blatantly wrong and just kept going. By the time I went to the next slide I realized that I'd said it wrong, but didn't really know if I was allowed to go back and explain. So I didn't. One of my professors called me out on it after everyone was gone. Whoops.

My other professor called me out on one of my structures because I'd used the wrong form. Don't worry, I didn't have an explanation for why because I just honestly used the wrong one. It was pretty awful. Funny. Well a little. Eh, oh well.

So trust me when I say that it really wasn't very good. Hah.

But it still feels good to just have it out of the way. Now I have lots of research to get figured out. But it will be better.

K, I gotta get to dinner, and then a fireside in Fort Collins. Yikes. no rest for the weary. I will write again. ;)

1 comment:

Nate said...

This is Vanessa...sorry things didn't go so well with the seminar! That stinks. But I am sure it is a huge relief to have it over with. I can't believe you got up at 4/430! That's craziness. I don't think I'd be able to talk straight either. Good luck with the research now!