Sunday, April 11, 2010

Eh, not as bad as I thought it would be.

So, in case you didn't see on facebook, I ended up canceling my Seminar this week because I definitely couldn't get enough research done to be ready. Whoops. But I did get some work done, & a fairly decent start on what to do for this research stuff. Sigh. I still don't really like it. But I am almost always in the lab by myself so I just listen to my ipod and sing along which is kind of fun. & I suppose that overall it isn't too horrible.

I can do this! That's my new attitude. Last week I did get up to my office before 7:00 in the morning 2 days. It was crazy. I stayed there in the office/lab for 11 hours on Monday. I was pretty proud of myself! I haven't had those kind of hours since my first year here and I worked on homework tons, everything was new & Kelsey & I had fun working on classes.

It's still going to be tons of work, discussing all the details with Dr.'s Hyslop & Pringle helped tons but I also saw how much I have to do to make the whole thing legit. It may get interesting. I love that Dr. Pringle seems so excited to help me figure how to do everything, and that he's going to let me work on his lab bench! That really is a big deal because he's a super clean freak & doesn't want anyone to touch his stuff & definitely won't let anyone touch it who he doesn't like. So he doesn't hate me! Whew.

Well I was going to get to sleep much earlier, but I got my clean towels and socks folded and put away. I washed 33 pairs of socks yesterday--& that's not nearly all my socks! So I also organized my sock drawer for the first time since Omaha I think. Haha. It was funny. But then Alessandra & a couple other people were over. We watched a Vegietale, & we looked at some pictures. Ya know, the really important stuff.

Love to you all! I hope I can get a bunch of NMR stuff figured out in the next couple of days. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Foys said...

holy cow carol...you are one crazy busy woman!! I hope you are finding time to relax amongst all the craziness of work and school. I miss our good old times in Allred... they went WAY too quickly if you ask me!