Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Day In My Life...

So Vanessa had a blog that I loved earlier this week: here
It inspired me to do one the same way. And I'm a bit out of ideas tonightish? At least I'm a bit out of energy. So I hope this can still be funny. At least a little bit to the few of you who read this. ;)

For sure a pretty typical day a month and a half ago:
Between 6:30 and 7:00 am - definitely sleeping. Probably didn't even consider setting an alarm nearly this early the night before!
7:15 to 8:40 am - And still sleeping! Well there may have been an alarm that went off in case I miraculously felt like actually getting out of bed to go to the gym. Well, I probably had one set for 8:00 anyhow, so I could "get up and do something"
8:40 am - By now I bet that my alarm was going off and I was doing the 5 minute snooze sleeping routine where I have crazy vivid dreams about all kinds of random stuff
9:15 am - Pretty close to dragging myself out of unconciousness to say morning prayers that will hopefully be meaningful. (Well I think they were more often than not.)
9:15 to 11:30 am - Oh yeah, at least 95% of the time I have definitely dragged myself out of bed by now and showered (which we know especially if I wash my hair is a long ordeal), I may be on my way up to campus by now.
11:30 am - This is often around the time I would be wandering through the Institute on my way to Ross Hall (Chem building) and that was inevitably a bad idea if I wanted to actually make it beyond the black hole that we fondly call the Institute building. I would start talking to Sister Huffines (Sec) or Brother Coleman (director) or whatever person happened to be sitting in the foyer, or the library, or the game room. Any person who would listen to my voice. Normally I was whining about having to go do Research (that I really ought to have been honest about the fact that it wasn't going to happen that day either). Or I'd talk about Choir stuff, or ya know, try to solve the problems of the world.
12:30 pm - It was usually around this time, or a bit before that I would most often make it into my office. I would be chatting with Erica, Kevin, and/or Dennis. I would grade. I would work on quizzes, look at labs. Somehow I was always busy. Just not as much with Researchy type things I should have been busy with.
2:00 to 2:30 pm - Still at school, quiz stuff probably.
2:40 pm - May have wandered over to chat with Tessa and Chelsea in the Stockroom (or teaching my lab on Wed's)
3:15 pm - Probably home by now. For something important. Reading the Bible--literally. I wouldn't let myself read my scriptures when I woke up so late because I didn't deserve to start my day with it when I didn't wake up when I should have. Perhaps not the best, but I was trying to motivate myself to wake up earlier. Maybe giving someone a ride somewhere. Or baking something for Choir. Or doing our dishes, or cooking. Or taking a nap. Or getting stuck at the Institute again. Or running errands to go get things.
3:15 to 4:00 pm - Same as above.
4:00 to 5:00 pm - Same
5:00 to 5:30 pm - Eating. Napping. Could be doing something to give someone a ride. Or talking with someone who needs it. Choir things.
5:30 pm - Gah, Vanessa's days are broken down way different than mine would have been. Gah, same as above.
5:45 pm (or so) - Definitely hadn't had enough change in these 15 min!
6:30 pm - Oh, by now I'm waking up from my nap or starting to wrap up whatever I'm working on because I'm on my way to go to an Institute class or some performance of sorts, or I'm runing errrands with people. Or we're on our way to watch a movie with someone, or there's some party I feel I need to go to support, or Alessandra's over while we're all working on important things mainly on our computer while we watch some movie. Maybe by now Alessandra and I have read El Libro De Mormon for the day.
7:30 pm - In the middle of all this stuff right above.
8:00 pm - And definitely still early in the night. Always had the goal to go to sleep by 11 or so--at least before midnight, and never making it before midnight! All kinds of important things. Like solving all problems of the universe with Kristin!


So what I should have been doing:
5:30am Wake up; pray, read scriptures.
6:00am Gym
by 7:00am Shower, eat a little somethin and make it out of the house before 8 for sure!
by 8:00am In the office! Doing reasearch.
A bit of a lunch in somewhere...
But maybe by 6:00pm Come home. Do other commitments stuff. Grading, Institute Class, Choir, Chatting/Being Social with people. Dinner.
10:00pm Start getting ready for bed, picking clothes and stuff
by 10:30-11:00pm-ish Praying, Journaling, and ASLEEP!


Hah. Well that's a little shot out to Vanessa. And it was fun to try using her blog. ;)

Hope you enjoyed laughing at my ridiculousness. I cracked myself up at least. Wish me luck this week (and pray for me of course), I'm gonna be giving my Seminar this Friday after all. But I think it's gonna be alright. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

That cracked me up that you used my times! At first I thought you were going to break it down with your times. Ha. Well, good luck on Friday! Just think of how nice it will be to have it over with!

The Foys said...

Loved yours and Vanessa's blogs! Kind of makes me want to do one of my own... hmmm maybe I should!! Love you and wish that a visit to me fit somewhere in your daily schedule. Wouldn't it be fun if we lived close together?!

Carrie Allen said...

Can we switch lives for a litle while??? Ü