Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hmm. Hair

So I've been growing my hair out for a few years now, and I love it. I was sure that it was gonna drive me crazy! But, huh. Now I don't wanna cut it. See my intent is to donate it--and I know I will, but I'm loving having it long so much. I haven't had it nearly this long since high school/halfway through Freshman year.
Randomly my friend Bryn started telling me that I ought to cut it. Sigh. It seems everytime that I look at pictures when my hair was short I don't like it. So I looked through my pictures and I found a few of my short hair that I feel explain my dislike for the shortness. I don't think it's very flattering to my face, and I apparently was never very satisfied with how it was styled or something because it was never perfect. It's way more noticeable when it is short. I used to love getting it cut though.
Lemme know what you think.

You can totally see the highlights I had here too. These old classes were definitely not the best for me either...

Maybe I just have a weird expression in this picture, but see how it just doesn't do much for my face.
It just makes my hair look a lot thinner too. Weird. And highlights here!
Another weird expression, but I still don't like it really...
And I think I spent a fair amount of time on my hair this time because this is at a wedding reception, but I dunno, it just doesn't look so good, my hair...
Another wedding reception, and huh, I don't think it looks so good.
Weird expression before I blow out some birthday candles...I look like I'm about to sneeze!

Ahh, so whattaya think?

6 comments:

Christy said...

I like the short hair - especially the first picture with all the layers and it tucked behind your ear. Super cute! But I love your long hair too... decisions, decision!

Jonika said...

I LOVE It short...I LOVE it long. I'm no help. But I ALWAYS WANT TO STYLE your HAIR...everyday! pin it wrap it braid it twist it! Your so beautiful Carol Joy! LOVES & Aloha!

Becca Anderson said...

I like your hair short. I am growing my hair out right now to donate it as well and there is a point it gets to where I just feel like Mama Cass and then I can't wait to cut it. (I'm getting close to this stage now!) I think long and short hair both on me makes me look chubbier so I go for the medium.

Unknown said...

carol, do whatever you WANT! you don't have to cut it to your shoulders . . . you could cut it shorter or longer or even cut a mohawk! i used to always think that i wasn't the type that could have sweeping bangs or wavy hair . . . ya right! just have some fun with it whatever you do!

Vanessa said...

You totally tricked me! I saw on my reading list the 1st picture and I thought you had cut it already. I really like your hair short. I always thought it looked super cute when it was short. Besides recent pictures I don't really remember you with long hair since high school! Crazy! I was just noticing that all of the pictures you chose are with your hair flipped out...maybe you would like it styled differently? Don't know. I was going to go through my pics and find ones of you that are a little bit more flattering (as in no silly expressions! :) ) and realized I haven't even taken any pictures with you since 2007 and your hair was getting longer then. How wrong is that?! I am not sure I even have any other digital photos of you.

Such a hard decision! There are good and bad things about both long and short. Good luck!

Carrie Allen said...

I think that first picture of you is really cute!!