Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Spewage of Thoughts

I just felt like I needed a venue to release some of the thoughts in my head. For those of you who don’t know, I’m trying to finish up my Thesis to turn it in on November 11th! In case you didn’t realize it’s October 12th, you know may deduce that my time is extremely limited!

I’ve started to feel close to a mental breakdown today. Sigh. And I’m trying not to be. The past few Sundays, I’ve hoped to get a blog post written, but have been busy with lots of things (I actually tidied up my room so you can walk this last).

If I don’t finish this semester (and it has to be turned in by November 11th to the Grad School to graduate), then I have to pay tuition for a credit. Granted it’s only $455, that’s still $455 I don’t have! Sigh. And I just want to have it done and behind me. I think there are a lot of reasons why I hate it so much and am having a hard time doing it. But perhaps largest is that I don’t know what I want to do when I’m done, so I don’t have anything specific I plan to use a Master’s degree in Chemistry for. It’s all sad, and could be depressing if I were to dwell on it.

But I’m still happy overall, and positive about life of course! It’s only another month afterall. You can do anything for a month!! But there is an inordinate amount of work that still needs to be done, and a whole lot of writing that’s going to have to almost magically happen. I’m trying really hard to keep perspective.

I’ve been careful not to leave the Lord out of my life (not like I could ever truly leave Him out—He’s always going to be there). I continue to start everyday in the scriptures! I’m still making my way through the New Testament and am right on target to read the entire Book of Mormon before the end of the year starting September 1st. And reading a column of El Libro de Mormon (in Spanish) everyday. I even have managed to go to my Institute classes. And of course I’m not doing any school work on the Sabbath. I know that, only in putting the Lord first, will I be able to accomplish anything. I know that with the help of my Savior, Jesus Christ, that I can do anything. Even finish this ominous, pressing degree.

Anyhow, just wanted to get those thoughts out, I do feel ever so slightly better already.

Keep praying for me, I know your prayers help!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh carola! this master's thesis aint got nothing on you! you just gotta dig in and FINISH the dang thing! i mean, so what if you don't know what you're going to do next? ! you don't have to make that decision right now you just need to FINISH so you can move on to the next chapter of life that is awaiting your glorious personality! the lord totally loves you and wants to help you but he can't finish your thesis FOR you. so strap down and kick this thesis where it counts so you can put this behind you! good karma is coming your way!

The Foys said...

Carol I miss you so much and am so proud of everything you are doing and have accomplished. We will keep praying for you and hope that you get everything done on time!! I would love (when you are done with everything :0) to catch up and finally get to talk to you! Because goodness do I miss that! Love you!

Christy said...

You're amazing! Girl, I'm so excited for you. Grad school! A thesis! It's all so grown up and official. Don't sweat the job part. It'll come. You can totally do this.

Love ya girl!!