Friday, October 08, 2010

58?!?

So this is the big weekend, I was asked to conduct a Multi-Stake YSA Choir for this YSA Conference that we're having in Fort Collins. Scary. I'm not entirely sure they realize I'm not a trained choir director. Hah.

I was only allowed to pick 19 singers (ideally even parts) from my own 35ish person choir here in Greeley! That was too bad. But there's supposed to be 39 other singers from the other stakes. Unfortunately (though maybe fortunately really, the other stakes were unable to get the numbers, and of course I found out late and couldn't fill in completely.

So 58 is misleading, but it's supposed to be a 58 voice Choir! I was given 3 hymns (that I wouldn't have necessarily picked myself) and I've gotta be ready to go. Gah!

Wish me luck. I just practiced a little with a couple people. I hope I don't have a heart attack!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Fun! You'll do great!! Good luck (not that you need it.) Make sure someone videotapes it.

Vanessa said...

hooray for posts! Wow, that's kinda crazy! Are you even able to get together with everyone involved for practices with everyone spread over 3 stakes? Crazy. You'll do great!!

The Foys said...

How fun Carol!! You are awesome and I know you will do an awesome job... I just wish I could be there to see it! Keep us updated on it!