Saturday, September 18, 2010

Uh, only since April...

So it's a bit embarrassing that I've let my blog go SO long without updating it! I don't really have a great reason for not updating it. Though I could give a huge list of things I've been doing. I think part of my problem is that I want to put everything I've been doing up, so I feel like I can never get enough up to get caught up. But clearly I need to just get over that.

In no particular order (and perhaps not an exclusive list):

I had 11 wedding receptions to attend since April, I made it to 9!
I went to Utah for a weekend.
I went to California for a week and a half.
I saw lots of people.
I watched a few movies in the summer.
I went to the Drive-in for the first time, and then another time since.
I met my brother's girlfriend--not fiance!
I read Peter Pan out loud with Alessandra.
I moved apartments.
Joan came out to Colorado to help me move into my new place.
I cleaned the new place.
I moved my school stuff out of my office, back into my office, and then lastly into a new office.
I no longer get to teach Sunday School.
I am now a Ward Missionary--that's been a big change.
I helped a lot of people move.
I went tubing on a lake--got WAY burned on my legs.
Went to quite a few Bridal Showers.
I made a bunch of boutonnieres.
I went to a dance that I actually had a TON of fun at--much like my Stake dances of yore.
Best of EFY.
I did get a little cold for a few days and fairly lost my voice.
I said goodbye to quite a few people who left Greeley.
I welcomed people who moved to Greeley.
I gave rides to people.
I made sure to take care of a friend who had his car taken away.
I talked on the phone/skype to a number of different places!
California, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oklahoma, Utah, Australia, China, Peru, Colorado.
Went four-wheeling for the first time.
Watched Little Dorrit again. :)
Cooked a lot of food.
Had a 'summer choir' for a week.
Started to get ready for Choir this year. Yikes.
Got rid of a lot of stuff.
Went hiking some.
Lol, had a few swim lessons.
Still enjoying my long hair!
Started and finished reading Preach My Gospel!
After much work, got a shelf up to help alleviate floor space, found a place for everything.
Went to the Temple, a few of them, and all ordinances!
Making a dent in my food storage.
Laughed.
Played.
Swinging on swings.
Swimming in a river.
Caught up with old friends.
Finished a lot of crocheting.
Made my first apron.
Mailed my first and likely last package to Australia!
Played the piano & sang a lot.

There are many more things I've done I'm sure. But I suppose that's a pretty good list. Lol. Now I've got a lot of things to get done. I need to clean the apartment--the kitchen, bathroom, my room. I need to do some laundry, & put away the laundry that I have still in a basket from earlier this week. I need to take a shower. Get ready for Stake Conference this evening. Give rides. Have a movie night with Sister Huffines. :) I anticipate a great rest of the day. But I've gotta get going. In my defense I did get to sleep in a little (which is good because I need the sleep), but I have already studied all my scriptures!

Maybe it won't be another 5 months before I post again. :/ I hope it won't be...

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I thought I must be seeing things when I saw "My life as an open book" at the top of my blog list!!! Yay for an update! I liked the list. I guess you have an alright excuse (or excuses) for not updating since April. :)

Jonika said...

Great List.

Ashley N. Stieber said...

This is a cute way to get us all caught up with your life through your blog. I want to stop writing on mine so I can steal your idea. But I just updated mine (and moved it!), so I guess it'll have to wait.