Saturday, January 31, 2009

Karaoke craziness

So last night we had an activity at the Institute that had been entitled Institute Idol. Really it was just a Karaoke night. They didn't feel like they could do a competition because too many people would get their feelings hurt and then some people wouldn't have sung, myself prolly included. I can really love myself some karaoke, but I have to A. be in the right mood, and B. have sorta the right crowd to do it. Yes, some of you may be surprised with that piece of information, but really, it's true.

I wasn't sure if I'd go up there last night, I never even looked through the songs, but some girls were going up, and told me to go with them, I asked what song and they said a Britney Spears song, so I went. Don't worry, I'm quite positive I'd never heard it before! And if I had, I definitely didn't even recognize it! So that was sad because I couldn't even follow along with the tune. So I just danced, and then echoed some words. I'm pretty sure I have the whole thing on video.

I went up a couple more times dancing and stuff, not sure how much I wanna see those videos because then I'll actually see what I look like when I dance. I only really have videos of me dancing when it's been choreographed (and almost only by Michelle because she's amazing). So it could hit a little too close to reality. But one thing I know, I'm pretty sure it won't really stop me from dancing, although I'm sure it should. Haha.

It was fun, just weird that I left that activity, of all activities, before it was even officially over, to watch Heroes. As the friend who owns Heroes stated, "A little part of Carol died tonight."

We'll see if I'm up to posting the videos when they make it to my computer...it depends on how much I get a response for the request of (oh, right, from the 3 people who might read this blog), or mostly by what I think of it when I actually see it!


Cheers!

Here's one video of me...I didn't know the song at all! I can't believe I really look like this while I dance...prolly not good for me to see this...haha

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Yay, you're back again!! You should TOTALLY post the videos or at least one!

Megan said...

Carol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey it is Megan Walkenhorst (aka Savage) What is UP!!! I am so glad that you are blogging. I have been asking about you. I just found Vanessa and she brought me to you. YEA!! Check out my blog and my cute little girls. I can't wait to get reconnected with you.

Megan said...

My blog is walkenhorstfamily.blogspot.com

Carol Joy said...

Vanessa I keep forgetting to ask you if you got to watch this one of my dancing, I'm ridiculous! I posted it after you commented, so you may not have seen it...